Subscription boxes have boomed in 2016 with more and more springing up to give lucky subscribers a monthly treat in their mailbox. One of the biggest names is, of course, Loot Crate, the monthly crate subscription service, and if you’re a fan of pop culture subscription crates then I’m pretty sure they’re already on your radar but, if not, hop over to the link above to see what all the fuss is about.
Loot Crate is putting together a project for geeks, gamers, and fellow Looters to highlight some awesome ideas by asking the question “What would you do if you could box the crate of your dreams?”. They asked me if I wanted to be involved and I immediately came up with the theme for my dream crate – the Brat Pack films of the 80s. I was bought up watching them, return to one of them every time I’m looking for a comforting 90 minutes of escapism and they’ll always have a special place in my heart. Also, 80s Rob Lowe and Judd Nelson? Never a bad sight.
So, what would I find in my Brat Pack-inspired Loot Crate?
1. Inspired by Sixteen Candles: A Samantha Baker Pop Funko figure (I might not be a Pop Funko collector but it feels like a subscription crate staple)
2. Inspired by The Outsiders: A Stay Gold hardback notebook
3. Inspired by Ferris Bueller’s Day Off: A Save Ferris T-shirt
4. Inspired by Pretty in Pink: A movie poster mini print
5. Inspired by The Breakfast Club (godfather of all Brat Pack films): A minimalist movie poster
6. Inspired by Weird Science (which is a Brat Pack film, fight me): A cast cross stitch pattern
So there you have it, the six items that made the cut to form my dream Loot Crate! What would you add to your Loot Crate and what would your theme be?
Oh, and this is the perfect time for me to remind you to add the six films listed above to your list of movies to watch over the Christmas break if you haven’t seen them already. Actually, even if you have. Do it. You know you want to.