So a lot of us have spent the day eagerly awaiting our pre-orders of Fallout 4 from Game…unfortunately, many of us are disappointed. With banking problems to dispatch issues, lots of customers have had their orders cancelled or delayed, which must be unfathomably frustrating.
Mine only just arrived, after a nervous morning or wondering whether or not my order was cancelled, so I totally get it. However, I’ve seen a *lot* of abuse directed as Game’s employees, which isn’t fair. It’s not their fault, they’re trying to do their best, they’ve probably spent all day getting screamed and sworn at…when all they probably want to do is get home so they can play Fallout 4 as well. So, in short, don’t be dicks, let’s commiserate with gifs.
I give to you, the 20 stages of waiting for Fallout 4 to arrive…
1. Back in June you battled the Game website to pre-order the Pip-Boy edition
2. You felt sooo smug when the Pip-Boy edition sold out and you’d secured yourself a piece of Fallout history
3. You were beside yourself with excitement when the gameplay trailer was released last week
4. With only a few days to go…you prepared your loved ones for the fact you’ll be going MIA for a long, long time after November 10th arrives (and if you’re unfamiliar with this gif you need to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_obaO46Bo – I promise it’s worth it)
5. Last weekend you stocked up on snacks and made any last minute upgrades to your PC/console
6. DISASTER STRUCK WHEN GAME ANNOUNCED THOUSANDS OF PIP-BOY PRE-ORDER CANCELLATIONS
7. You started breathing again when the money was taken from your account…all was well
8. EXCEPT IT WASN’T! There were rumours of delays that might mean your copy won’t arrive on launch day. WHY, CRUEL WORLD, WHY?
9. It’s 7am on November 10th, release day is finally here, and your boyfriend gleefully gets cracking with his pre-downloaded version from Steam…you skulk into another room so as not to be spoiled
11. 10am…the post arrives but that all-important Game package isn’t there
12. 11am…rewatching season three of The Storyteller to look for any clues
13. 12pm…cursing yourself for being so smug when you pre-ordered the game in June. God damn it, you could have picked up a copy a midnight and already had 12 hours of gameplay down.
14. 1pm…comfort eating begins. Your gaming snacks are rapidly depleting. Who even knew you could eat ten mini rolls in such a short space of time.
15. 2pm…all hope is lost. You run through your proposed SPECIAL stats once more, just to check your build is perfect
16. 3pm…about to give up, you resort to memorising all of the perks and starting sketching out your fictional settlement (sorry, this gif is a low blow)
17. 3.15pm…a neighbour slams their van door, JUST TO MOCK YOU
18. 3.25pm…you hear the sound of a van pulling up outside. Nah, it’s a false alarm. WAIT. WAIT, NO! THEY’RE RINGING THE DOORBELL AND PASSING YOU A GAME PACKAGE! IT’S HERE! IT’S FINALLY HERE!!!
19. 3.40pm…you stand back and marvel at the glory of a real life Pip-Boy
20. 3.50pm…goodbye responsibilities and social life… Wasteland, I’m coming for you.